Coverage of the SB 292 Lawsuit Announcement
This morning the Play Fair at Farmers Field Coalition announced a lawsuit against the State of California challenging the constitutionality of the law that granted special privileges for the Farmers Field and Convention Center modification project. The lawsuit, filed this morning, targets California State Senate Bill 292 (SB 292), a law passed in 2011 that sends all environmental challenges to the Farmers Field project directly to the Court of Appeals.
The lawsuit follows the adamant opposition of the members of the Play Fair at Farmers Field Coalition to SB 292, viewing it as an unnecessary and unfair attack on the community protections provided by the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA). A project of this size will have enormous environmental and other health impacts on surrounding communities, and a robust and constitutionally valid process is crucial to protecting community health. The health of more than 260,000 people living in the zip codes surrounding the site is at stake.
See below for coverage of the lawsuit announcement:
- KABC7: http://bit.ly/OypD2W
- CBS2: http://cbsloc.al/PzKPoN
- Los Angeles Times: http://lat.ms/OuoomV
- Los Angeles Daily News: http://bit.ly/Pul3DG
- San Francisco Chronicle: http://bit.ly/PT4aTD
- Sacramento Bee: http://sacb.ee/PQby4N
Tags: ABC7, AEG, Downtown Los Angeles, DTLA, Farmers Field, LA CAN, LAFLA, Legal Aid Foundation of Los Angeles, Los Angeles Community Action Network, Los Angeles Times, National Football League, NFL, NFLinLA, Physicians for Social Responsibility, PSR-LA
- "Unfortunate to hear that #AEG is playing games with us." - Councilmember Rosendahl on #farmersfield #NFL 4 years ago
- Text Your Pledge of Support for Tonight's Dinner p0.vresp.com/HvJWfZ #vr4smallbiz 5 years ago
- LAFLA MATTERS: AEG, Farmers Field Coalition Reach Agreement On NFL Stadium Project p0.vresp.com/wKO291 #vr4smallbiz 5 years ago
- Judge Denies AEG’s Motion to Intervene in @playfairaeg SB292 Lawsuit regarding #FarmersField: bit.ly/S1WTUE. #NFL #NFLinLA 5 years ago
- Play Fair Farmer’s Field includes Comunidad Presente, LA CAN (Los Angeles Community Action Network) Physicians for... fb.me/wIyrGc4p 5 years ago